There are so many rituals that take place at a Sikh wedding. Sikh people are those people who follow the teachings of Shri Guru Gobind Singh G. They consider Gurbani as their holy book. In Sikh people, Phere is taken around the Gurbani by the bride and groom. Some of the wedding rituals of the Sikh wedding are mentioned below as follows:
- Rokka is the first custom that takes place in a Sikh wedding. This is a ritual in which both the families meet each other and do matchmaking.
- This is the most important ritual of a Sikh wedding because this ritual tells whether the boy and girl are compatible or not.
Royal Matrimony is the best matrimonial site in Delhi that will help you in finding the best bride and groom according to your choices.
- Mangini is a ritual in which both the bride and groom are gifted money, dresses etc. This ceremony is also referred to as a pre-engagement ceremony.
- This ritual is also known as pre-engagement ceremony because in this ritual people do all the preparations such as giving up of Shagun etc. for the engagement ceremony.
- Sagai is a ritual in which both the bride and groom exchange their rings. This ritual takes place at the wedding of all religions.
- This ritual is done to tell the people that the bride and groom are going to be married soon.
- After Sagai, Mehndi takes places it is a ritual in which Mehndi is applied on the hands of both of the bride and groom.
- Along with Mehndi, Sangeet also takes place. People enjoy a lot by singing and dancing on DJ’s. this ritual is full of fun and enjoyment.
- Jaggo is again a ritual that is done on the same day of Mehndi and Sangeet. During Jaggo, all the members of family and friends say Boliyan and enjoy that.
- In Jaggo, oil is also collected in the pot carried by one of the family members on their head.
- After all the Sangeet and mehndi ceremony is over Vatna takes place. This is a ritual in which haldi is applied to both the bride and groom.
- In Indian culture, it is believed that Haldi is a component that helps to make the color fair. This is a ritual that takes place on the same day as the wedding
Marriage bureau in Delhi NCR is the best bureau in Delhi that will help out people to find life partners according to their status and choices.
- After haldi, Anand Karaj takes place. Anand Karaj is another name for the Sikh wedding. Anand Karaj takes place in a Gurdwara.
- In Anand Karaj, both the bride and groom take Lavan around the Gurbani. Three rounds (Lavan) are taken. After this wedding ceremony is complete.
These above-mentioned rituals are the pre-wedding rituals that take place at a Sikh wedding.