When it comes to Indian festivals, they are much more than extension beliefs ceremonial legends and holy legends but also of undying faith and a strong bond of emotions. And, no Indian festival is counted complete minus goof food. Raksha Bandhan is one such festival that celebrates the bond of brother sister relationship. While siblings are gearing up to surprise each other, here we bring to you five recipes that would make the festival all the more memorable.
On one hand, you might have started planning how to surprise your sibling with gifts, why not try something totally unexpected? Why not cook something yummy delights, and trust us you will witness them beaming with smiles. So, here is a quick crash course in some of the most easy to cook deserts.
It’s time to ditch the halwai and get into cooking mode. Infused with nuts and khoya in sugar syrup is an all-time favourite – Gulab Jamun.
- 300 grams Khoya
- 3 Tbsp flour
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- ½ litre water
- 200 grams refined oil
How to cook Gulab Jamun
- Add khoya and flour in a bowl and mix them well.
- Mix it so well that you can now prepare round ball shape of it
- Next make sugar syrup by adding 3 Tbsp of sugar and ½ litre water. Let it boil for sometime and add little saffron to it.
- Deep fry balls of gulab jamun in a pan with oil.
- Place fried gulabjamum into the sugar syrup
- Serve hot
How about making a chocolate cook? Easy and quick, all it takes is three minutes to make this delicious cake.
Ingredients of instant chocolate cake
- 3 Tbsp of maida or all purpose flour
- 1Tbsp unsweetened cocoa
- 3 Tbsp powdered sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- 3 Tbsp milk
- 2 Tbsp crushed oreo cookies
- ¼ vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp baking powder
- 3 Tbsp melted butter/oil
Here we go
- Mix salt, baking powder, flour, coco and sugar in a bowl
- Now add oil, milk vanilla and crushed cookies and make the batter
- Make sure that the mug is only half full so that cake can rise and is fluffy
- Microwave it for a minute on the maximum temperature
Please note – Timing might vary according to microwave setting as well as your mug. So, insert toothpick or knife after a minute and if it is clean then your cake is ready. If it is not done then microwave it for 30 seconds. And, you are done. Allow it to settle at room temperature before digging into it.
- Preparation time – 5 minutes
- Cooking time – 3 Minutes
- Total Time – 8 minutes
- ¼ cup of almonds cut into big cubes
- ¼ cup milk cooking chocolates, chopped
- ¼ cup plain cooking chocolate, chopped
How to make almond rocks?
- Spread almond slices evenly in a plate and microwave it on high temperature for two to three or until it turns pink. Keep aside and wait until cool.
- chocolate into small microwave safe bowl and heat it high for three minutes while stirring it between Put after half minute.
- Remove from microwave while continuously stirring chocolate until it cools.
- Now add almonds to it and mix well.
- Place small pieces of coated almonds on a tray lined with aluminium foil or grease-proof paper. Refrigerate it for 2 hours.
- Next, you have to wrap each chocolate in a decorative foil and refrigerate it.
- Preparation time – 15 minutes
- Cooking time – 15 minutes
- Total time – 30 minutes
- 1 cup boiled sweet corn kernels
- 4tbsp cornflour
- 2tbsp maida or all-purpose flour
- 2tsp oil
- Oil for deep frying
- 2tsp szechuan sauce
- 2tsp finely chopped garlic
- 1tsp chopped green chillies
- 2tsp finely chopped ginger
- ¼ cup finely chopped spring onions
For the garnish
1 tbsp finely chopped spring onion greens
- Honey chilli sauce
- Green onion and ginger dip
How to cook
- Mix the cornflour, corn, salt, all-purpose flour, 1tbsp water and pepper in a deep bowl. Mix all ingredients well.
- Next, heat the oil in a deep non-stick kadai, and then deep fry the corn till they turn brow in colour from all sides. Drain fried corns on an absorbent paper and keep aside. Fry corn in small batches.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan. Add green chillies, garlic and ginger and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Now add spring onion whites and greens and again sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add schezuan sauce, deep fried corn along with a little salt. Mix well and toss on a medium flame for a minute or two.
- You are ready to serve crispy corns with honey chilli sauce and green onion and ginger dip.
Corn Flakes Crumbled Paneer Recipe
Preparation time – 20 minutes
Cooking time – 20 minutes
Total cook time – 40 minutes
Difficulty level – Easy
Dig your taste buds in paneer slices marinated in spices, rolled in corn flakes and deep fried crisp. An easy and quick snack.
Ingredients for the recipe
100 gram thin sliced paneer
50 gram corn flakes – crushed
30 gram all-purpose flour or maida
1 egg (optional)
- 10 gram garlic and ginger paste
- 5gram deggimirchi powder
- 2 gram black pepper powder
- Salt to taste
- 4 gram garam masala powder
- 10gram chopped coriander
Method to cook
- Marinate paneer slices with the above mentioned ingredients for ten to fifteen minutes
- Prepare the batter with water/egg and refined flour
- Dip the paneer slices in this batter and coat it with corn flakes
- Now deep fry in a kadai on medium flame till it turns crispy
- Serve hot with chutney or tomato ketchup.
So, this Raksha bandhan, add a pinch of surprise by preparing something special for your sibling. These five easy to cook recipes would make the celebrations all the more fun.